Thursday, May 8, 2008

About Me

Today, I took a sledgehammer to a bunch of old hard drives. I could tell you that it was performance art, but I was just doing my job. My boss wanted me to make sure that no one could ever get at the data on these storage units. They were no longer big enough to hold all the information people need to save. So, I worked up a sweat whacking away at twelve heavy metal shells. They really are built to last. I'll try to take some pictures of the damage that I did for a future blog.

If I keep a record of the event, maybe I can call it performance art.

By day, I'm a Customer Service Supervisor for a company that facilitates fundraising for schools, churches, and non-profits. I've been with the company since 2001.

Besides working a forty-hour workweek, I take classes in the evening and juggle my other interests, of which there are many: Writing, photography, website design, music, theatre, film, video, books, and art

Last weekend, I went to Big Sur to photograph the wedding of two of my friends, a musician and a vocalist. I stayed at the Big Sur Lodge with my wife, my daughter, and my daughter's boyfriend. After the wedding we sat in front of the fireplace in our cozy bungalow and discussed the events of the day. A key topic was celebrities. There were a few at the wedding.

This weekend, I will be dividing my time between household chores, posting the wedding photos online, and doing my required reading for Art Appreciation Class. If I get all my work done, I'll reward myself by watching a movie or TV show on DVD. My Netflix queue is always full.

This week, I completed all the classes required to earn an AA degree. Considering that I took my first Sierra College class in 1975, it's about time.

I enjoy learning and plan to continue taking classes that spark my interest. I will reveal more about myself in future blogs.

5/8/2008

3 comments:

KristinaHarrison said...

WOW you have some intense hobbies!! It is really nice to meet you and it is awesome that you are able to juggle that much at once. And your job seems pretty rewarding. It is really nice to meet you!!

Unknown said...

Like you, I try to keep busy. But I've learned, over time, that I have to get some sleep too. Best to you and your guy over there.

rae targos said...

congrats on the AA! it's great that you persisted.